Find out about Generations Working Together
Generations Working Together provides information, delivers support and encourages involvement to benefit all of Scotland’s generations, by working, learning, volunteering and living together.
The Organisational Objectives:
- Work with Scottish Local Authorities to develop a framework for the effective use of intergenerational practice (IP) within Local Authority policies and procedures to the benefit of local communities and all age groups.
- Work with Education Scotland to develop proposals whereby IP can be positively and inclusively incorporated within the Curriculum for Excellence with a view to reducing age stereotyping, improving community cohesion and encouraging lifelong learning.
- Work with NHS Health Scotland to encourage the use of IP in improving active aging, encouraging healthier lifestyles, supporting greater personal independence and, reducing social isolation of vulnerable groups and, in particular, the elderly.
- Develop a series of local IP networks and thematic networks across Scotland and support them through training, advice and local events and enable the sharing of good practice.
- Work with Third Sector Interfaces and a range of relevant organisations to encourage intergenerational volunteering to help both active ageing and community cohesion through participation in volunteering, attending community groups and other IP activity.
Visit the website www.generationsworkingtogether.org